Main Scope of Job
To carry out fire and rescue duties in an emergency situation. Undertake routine maintenance, test and inspections of firefighting equipment and protection systems. Undertake statutory examinations on a regular basis to enable the company to maintain compliance with CAA licensing requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To participate in fire and rescue duties, to follow instructions from senior officers; to ensure the effectiveness of the operation and minimise damage to life and property.
- Inspect, test and repair fire service and associated protection and detection equipment keeping records of all work undertaken to ensure the fire service operates effectively (after receiving the appropriate training).
- Carry out special service duties such as dealing with fuel spillages; carry out snow clearance operations, airfield de-icing operations.
- Provide Aircraft Handling assistance and First Aid when necessary.
- Complete documentation, produce written reports in conjunction with operational duties and fire service procedures, maintain up to date records.
- Assist in staff Fire Safety training programmes ensuring compliance with relevant regulations/legislation.
- Checking operational serviceability of domestic fire alarm systems, fire prevention/protection equipment as detailed by the Watch Commander.
- Undertake such specialist skills as required by the department, after training to ensure that the RFFS is stand alone and self-sufficient, e.g. Equipment test, inspection and service programmes.
- Participate in general Fire Station housekeeping duties including routine cleaning programmes.
- Maintain up to date and accurate Firefighter Development Folders, Individual Training Records and Operational Incident Files.
- To undertake any other task commensurate with the responsibilities and level of this post as reasonably requested.
Qualifications / Education:
- Minimum EASA Approved Aviation Firefighters Certificate of Competence
- Breathing Apparatus Wearers Certificate
- Bird Hazard Control Operators Certificate
- First Aid at Work / Trauma Care Certificate HSE Approved
- Proficiency in Radio and Telephone Communications / Procedures
- Knowledge of airport operations and aircraft types.
- Fire Safety
- Security Awareness
- Participation in drills, exercise scenario’s as necessary to obtain and maintain level of competence for the role.
Aptitude / Skills:
- Calmness and quick thinking in all situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with the public at all levels
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]